+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for Chillventa 2020 of 2 June 2020. +++
The eChiller is the only chiller worldwide that uses only the safety refrigerant water (R718) as its refrigerant, is manufactured in series production, and is based on an innovative technology that allows extremely energy-efficient operation. The eChiller is exempted from the F-Gas Directive and refrigerant-related safety requirements, offers sustainable refrigeration, and releases owners from time-consuming and costly operating obligations.
eChiller operators benefit directly on multiple fronts:
- Chillers that use water as a refrigerant are exempted from all of the F-Gas Directive’s environmental and safety guidelines that apply to fluorinated refrigerants
- The appliance switches to free cooling mode when the cooling water temperature drops marginally beneath the required chilled water temperature; depending on the application in question, this can cut energy consumption by up to 80% compared to other state-of-the-art technologies
- The eChiller not only fulfils the efficiency requirements of the first stage of the Energy Related Products Directive EN2016/2281 which took effect in January 2018, but also the enhanced requirements of the second stage, which will come into force from 2021
- By using the safety refrigerant water, the extremely quiet and low-vibration eChiller can also be installed outside machine rooms, and it is exempted from operators’ safety-related obligations for chillers under DIN EN 378
- Refrigerant costs are limited to filling the system once with 60 litres of drinking water; if the system is taken out of service, the water can be unconditionally disposed of with regular wastewater
- The initial investment costs can also be reduced thanks to the eChiller’s eligibility for BAFA subsidies
The eChiller is optimally suited to application areas such as server- and switch-room cooling, building cooling – notably building-component activation and chilled ceilings – and industrial-process cooling, such as moulding production and extrusion.
The eChiller is available in two designs depending on the operating environment:
The eChiller is designed for cooling processes with high chilled water inlet temperatures. It optimal cooling capacity lies in a range from 16°C to 22°C, but inlet temperatures of between 10°C to 28°C are also possible – a spectrum that traditional chillers are only partially capable of covering.
The eChiller is available in two designs, with a nominal cooling capacity range of 20 to 45 kW, depending on the configuration of the chilled water outlet temperature and compressor. Total capacity can be scaled to over 300 kW by combining several systems.
Efficient Energy GmbH of Feldkirchen near Munich is the developer, manufacturer and system supplier of the eChiller. Besides the chiller, we also offer modules comprising all the hydraulic component needed for a turnkey installation. We’ll assist you in all eChiller-related matters and, if needed, help your planner integrate the eChiller into your application.