A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €8.7 billion ($9.7 billion USD) in 2019, we employ approximately 20,500 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation. arkema.com
Arkema’s Fluorochemicals Business Unit produces and commercializes a range of fluorinated gases under the Forane® brand (forane.com ) in the following markets worldwide:
- Refrigerants for refrigeration and air conditioning, including commercial and industrial refrigeration, construction, automotive and other applications
- Blowing agents for polymer foams, specifically polyurethanes and polystyrene;
- Feedstock for the production of fluoropolymers;
- Degreasing, cleaning and drying solvents;
- Aerosol sprays (mainly for pharmaceutical applications)
Arkema’s Fluorochemicals Business manufactures and delivers to the market a full range of refrigerants, namely 134a and the various blends – 404A, 507, 407C, 410A, R449A(XP40) and 427A (retrofit refrigerant for HCFC-22 installations).
- Arkema is developing low-GWP (Global Warming Potential) HFO refrigerants and blowing agent solutions to meet the future needs of the industry.
- Blowing agent solutions : Forane® FBA 1233zd
- Refrigerant for centrifugal chillers : Forane® HTS 1233zd
- Forane® R-449A(XP40) is the ARKEMA Solution for R-404A replacement
- Forane® R-516A is the ARKEMA solution for R-134a replacement
- Forane® R-32 is the ARKEMA solution for R-410A replacement
Through its 2 R&D centers, Arkema’s Fluorochemicals Business Unit is actively participating in the development of the next-generation of low GWP refrigerants.