The HBC511 is a piston compressor for industrial heat pumps. The compressor is based on a proven, heavy-duty design developed in collaboration with the world's largest engine design company, AVL.
The compressor has been engineered to operate at very high internal temperatures and pressures. It's compatible with all common refrigerants of the 3rd and 4th generations (e.g. HFOs). These refrigerants have a global warming potential (GWP) of 10 and less.
The compressor has an efficient integrated synchronous motor (PMM), and reaches a high isentropic and volumetric efficiency over a broad range of operating conditions by utilizing a variable speed operation.
Key features of the compressor (HBC511):
- Robust, proven design that reaches output temperatures up to 160 °C
- Developed in collaboration with AVL, the world’s largest engine design company
- Compatible with all 3rd and 4th-generation working fluids (e.g. HFOs)
- Very low internal friction through exclusive use of low-friction bearings
- Internal oil circuit with oil filter and preheater
- Highly efficient permanent magnet synchronous motor for variable speed control
- Water cooled motor for very high temperature applications with integrated thermal monitoring
- Optimized for parallel operation, where several compressors can run in parallel
- Multi-compressor phase synchronization for low vibrations and pulsations, if needed