Kilfrost ALV is a secondary coolant system fluid specifically engineered to increase both the efficiency and safety of low temperature chilling/cooling equipment and circuits.
Kilfrost ALV is a low viscosity, non-toxic heat transfer fluid formulated with bio-derived base fluids listed as GRAS (Generally Recognised as Safe) by the FDA, rheology modifiers and ASTM D1384-05 proven corrosion inhibitors. It has been formulated to offer greater efficiency levels than Mono Ethylene Glycol (MEG) based fluids. This means that customers now have a genuinely safe, non-toxic, more efficient alternative to Mono Ethylene Glycol.
Replacement of more viscous fluids such as Mono Propylene Glycol (MPG) in existing systems with Kilfrost ALV will give customers an immediate increase in both pumping and heat transfer efficiency, leading to immediate and sustained energy savings.
Key Features of Kilfrost ALV
- High performance non-toxic heat transfer fluid
- Outperforms MEG, MPG, Bio-PDO and ethanol based heat transfer fluids
- Delivers lower system pressure drop and lower pumping costs
- Protects against corrosion and scaling
- Classified as non-hazardous according to CLP/REACH
- Superior environmental profile
- Free from nitrates, nitrites, borates, heavy metals and phosphates
- Optimum operating temperature -40°C to +40°C