Boostherm recovers all the waste heat from condensers of cooling systems to heat for free hot water at 55°C minimum.
Market: Sanitary hot water heating or low temperature heating in food production, food processing, food retail, food service sectors…
1) Boostherm recovers all the latent heat of condensation and desuperheating, it is 5 to 7 times more water heated over a conventional desuperheater. Therefore we can consider installing a Boostherm heat recovery system even on small cooling capacities:
1kW cooling capacity = 400L water heated from 12 to 55 ° C per day = 6000 kWh saved per year. (Medium temperature application, 15 hours of operation per day, 300 working days per year).
2) Boostherm heats the water at 55°C in one pass in a counter-flow plate heat exchanger. This allows heating the water to a temperature above the condensation temperature: Approx. 45°C condensing temperature on low temperature application and 47-48°C on medium temperature application. Therefore, the water is heated to a high temperature without prejudice to the compressor.
3) Boostherm detects refrigerant leaks before the low pressure switch of the condensing unit: The control board monitors condensation pressure during «water condenser» mode. In case of refrigerant leakage, a too low condensation pressure is detected and an alarm is activated before the cooling unit low pressure switch stops refrigeration.
- Reduction of energy consumption and CO2 emissions by recovering waste heat.
- Reduction of noise pollution on air cooled condensers.
- Refrigerant leak detection. The leak is detected before all the refrigerant load is dissipated into the atmosphere thus avoiding significant CO2 emissions and food losses.
- Energy bill reduction and quick return on investment (2 to 4 years in general).
- Reduces cooling units nuisances (fan noise, heat rejected).
- Free hot water production in large quantities at high temperature.
An online calculator is available on http://boostherm.com/Simulator/ to carry out very quickly a technico-economical study. The study includes a summary of the requirements, the energy, environmental and financial balances, as well as a projection of accumulated cash flow over 15 years of operation, with or without Boostherm.
6 heat recovery modules are available for a condensing capacity up to 100 kW. Installation in parallel and / or in deviation is possible for larger condensing capacities.
Boostherm heat recovery modules can be used in association with Boostherm water tanks specially designed for heat recovery. Boostherm water tanks are available from 300 to 5000 litres and more.
Boostherm heat recovery system is assigned to following product groups:
- Components for refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation and heat pumps (910)
- Products - Plants - Systems - Applications (914)
- Services (358)