A global chemical company and France’s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, some 14,000 employees and 10 research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of approximately €6.4 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.
Arkema’s Fluorochemicals Business Unit produces and commercializes a range of fluorinated gases under the Forane® brand in the following markets worldwide:
- Refrigerants for refrigeration and air conditioning, including commercial and industrial refrigeration, construction, automotive and other applications
- Blowing agents for polymer foams, specifically polyurethanes and polystyrene;
- Feedstock for the production of fluoropolymers;
- Degreasing, cleaning and drying solvents;
- Aerosol sprays (mainly for pharmaceutical applications)
Arkema’s Fluorochemicals Business Unit has a total of 4 production facilities worldwide with two of them located in Europe which produce and deliver to the market the full range of most used refrigerants, namely 134a and the various blends – 404A, 507, 407C, 410A and 427A (retrofit refrigerant for HCFC-22 installations).
Through its 2 R&D centres, Arkema’s Fluorochemicals Business Unit is actively participating in the development of the next-generation of low GWP refrigerants.