Set up in 1989, AREA is the European association of national refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) associations, representing RACHP contractors and engineers. AREA members presently represent more than 9,000 companies across Europe, a workforce of 125,000 and a turnover approaching € 20 billion in the refrigeration and air conditioning sectors.
Contractors are responsible for the design, installation, maintenance and repair of RACHP equipment.
These companies are the indispensable competent intermediaries between component manufacturers:
- compressors, heat exchangers, chillers, package units, counters, … (mechanical industry)
- measurement, control and safety devices (electronic industry)
- refrigerants, lubricants and insulation (chemical industry)
and final users:
- cold stores and freezers (food industry)
- refrigerated transportation (food distribution)
- food product wholesalers and retailers (food sales)
- private persons (domestic and household applications)
- industrial refrigeration, materials processing, manufacturing process
- water and machine cooling
- stationary air conditioning
- mobile air conditioning
- special applications (laboratories, medical, military)