Measuring can be so simple: our sensors have no moving parts that can wear out or age. They are completely maintenance-free and feature a robust and completely enclosed design that does not require gaskets, moveable parts or “optical windows” to the process.
In refrigerant applications, the LiquiSonic® sensors measure continuously and directly in the running process the temperature- and pressure-compensated oil / refrigerant concentration with an ultra-fast measurement update and high accuracy. The sensors are installed directly in the pipeline and provide at temperatures down to -30 °C reliable results. The measuring principle is based on sonic velocity measurement, which is a clear and traceable physical value. For the measurement, an ultrasonic pulse is sent through the liquid.
Continuous monitoring of the oil content in the refrigerant places high demands on the analysis. On the one hand, there are high pressures, which may be up to 150 bar in the case of CO2. On the other hand, the refrigerant is a gas at ambient pressure, making manual sampling and offline analysis almost impossible. By contrast, the LiquiSonic® sensors belong to the field of online analytics, allowing an automatic and permanent monitoring of the oil circulation ratio (OCR) in real time.
- robust, completely encapsulated sensor design
- proprietary high-power technology
- operating temperature and pressure ranges down to -30 °C and up to 500 bar
- integrated temperature and pressure compensation
- digital sensor concept ensures high-precision results, low response time and stable data transmission
- online presentation of the high-frequency sonic signal shape (SonicGraph®) allows optimal system set-up