Bicold Engineering Srl realizes products considering the respect of environment and the energy saving according with EU Directive and Laws and focusing the attention on problems connected to environmental impact with the target of being in coherence with the protocol of Montreal (1987) and with the protocol of Kyoto (1997) in terms of environmental emissions.
The research of new refrigerants at low environmental impact, the limit on use and the taxation due to environmental reasons which will be issue in the next few years on some synthetic refrigerant, have grown a lot the interest on the carbon dioxide as refrigerant (R744-CO2) in comparison to the synthetic refrigerants (CFC-HCFC-HFC).
The CO2 is not penalized form restrictions or regulations which limit its use, so it can be used for any application on the sector of industrial refrigeration in general.
The project has been made considering the high technical contents related to the carbon dioxide CO2 use and the market requirements which this product refers. The base principle is the combination of CO2 as ecological refrigerant with the respect of the highest levels of efficiency and reliability. The range has been designed using just
CO2 as refrigerant, both for HP (high pressure) circuit and LP (low pressure) circuit.
Plus of carbon dioxide (R744-CO2):
- 100% environmental respect
- Natural refrigerant
- Non toxic refrigerant
- Non flammable refrigerant
- Refrigerant with the maximum environmental security (because this kind of gas is still present in nature)
- Easy and global availability
- Low cost refrigerant
- Zero level of ozone destruction ODP (absence of CFC inside the refrigerant)
- Global heating level GWP which is 1
- Medium temperature -10°C / +5°C
- Low temperature -30°C / -15°C
- Blast freezer -45°C / -30° C
- Commercial refrigeration (shops, minimarket and supermarket)
- Industrial refrigeration (cold logistic centers and food industry)
- Catering (food service)
- Special applications
The units can be supplied both for internal and external functioning. For external installation they are equipped with a robust housing painted with expoxy paint resistant to weathering agents which allow the use even in case of extreme conditions.
Moreover, FO range has an easy installation in every ambient thanks to small dimensions both of units and of piping needed to connect the unit with final users.
New FO range is composed by:
- CFO-S: 2 / 4 semi-hermetic compressors 1,2 - 368 kW Multi compressor pack with cascade functioning suitable to function in CO2 sub-critical cycle for low temperature to be matched to units which work with R134a, R404C, R404A, R407F, R507C, NH3 or glycol water;
- BFO-TS: 5 / 8 semi-hermetic compressors 21 - 208 kW Booster multi compressor pack suitable to function in CO2 trans-critical cycle for medium temperature and sub-critical cycle for low temperature;
- BFO-T: 2 / 4 semi-hermetic compressors 15 - 168 kW Booster multi compressor pack suitable to function in CO2 trans-critical cycle for medium temperature;
- SFO-T: 1 semi-hermetic compressor 2,1 - 53,3 kW Air condensing units suitable to function in CO2 trans-critical cycle for medium temperature;
- SFO-T/S – TWO-STAGE : 1 two-stage semi-hermetic compressor 1,1 - 13,7 kW Air condensing units suitable to function in CO2 trans-critical cycle for medium temperature or in sub-critical cycle for low temperature.