The Fieldpiece SC56 Swivel Head Clamp Meter is the best clamp meter on the market for the HVAC/R technician. The SC56 is packed with all the essential test parameters necessary to get the job done right. Plus, you can use all the Fieldpiece Accessory Heads via your test leads.
In addition, the incredible 180º swivel head clamp enables you to view your results at any angle. Combine that with the unique wire grabbing claw and the LED flashlight in the SC56 clamp head, and you can easily isolate wires that are hard to reach and/or difficult to see.
Features and Benefits
- 180º Swivel Head Clamp to easily view your results at any angle
- Inrush Current to easily diagnose an impending motor failure
- Clamp Flashlight to illuminate wires in dark spaces
- Backlight Dual Display to display multiple information simultaneously -- even Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Rugged Construction to withstand harsh conditions
- Automatic Power Off (APO) to preserve your battery life when clamp isn't in use
- Non-Contact Voltage warning via audio and visual alarms
- Easy Field Calibration with convenient pot location to quickly calibrate K-type thermocouples
- True RMS to accurately measure non-sinusoidal wave forms
- Auto or Manual Ranging button to conveniently toggle between ranges
- Constant Battery Status so you don't run out of batteries in the middle of a job
Offering more features and functions than any other meter of its kind on the market, the SC56 is backed by Fieldpiece's world class warranty and technical support. The SC56 also has the added benefits of a backlight display, LED flashlight in the clamp head, as well as an inrush current test to easily diagnose an impending motor failure. Following are the specific tests included on the SC56:
- Temperature (°C and °F)
- Duty Cycle (%)
- Resistance (Ω)
- Diode testing
- Amperage (AC)
- Voltage (DC)
- Micro-amps (DC)
- Frequency (Hz)
- Capacitance (MFD)
- Voltage (AC)
- Clamp Frequency (Hz)
- Non-contact Voltage (NCV)
- True RMS
The SC56 comes complete with velcro strap and carrying case, K-type thermocouple, deluxe silicone test leads, removable probe tips, and alligator clips for grounding.
- SC56 - Swivel Head Clamp Meter
- ADLS2 - Deluxe Silicone Test Leads
- ASA2 - Alligator Clip Lead Extensions
- ATB1 - K-type Thermocouple
- ANC7 - Large Single Meter Case
- Velcro Strap
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Display: 5000 count dual display with backlight on SC56.
- Overrange: (OL) or (-OL) is displayed.
- Measurement rate: 3.3 times per second, nominal.
- Zero: Automatic.
- Operating environment: 32°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C) at <70% R.H.
- Storage temperature: -4°F (-20°C) to 140°F (60°C), 0 to 80% R.H. with battery removed.
- Accuracy: Stated accuracy @ 73°F ±9°F (23°C ±5°C) at <75% R.H.
- Temperature Coefficient: 0.1 × (specified accuracy) per °C [0°C to 19°C (32°F to 66°F), 28°C to 50°C (82°F to 122°F)].
- APO (Auto Power Off): Approximately 30 minutes.
- Power: Single standard 9-volt battery, NEDA 1604, JIS 006P, IEC 6F22.
- Battery life: 200 hours typical alkaline (SC55); 100 hours typical alkaline (SC56).
- Low Battery Indication: Battery icon blinks and “L.O.bt” is diplayed when battery voltage drops below operating level.
- Dimensions: 258.3mm(H) x 71.2mm(W) x 42.7mm(D).
- Weight: Approximately 278g including battery.
- Overload Protection: 600VDC or 600VAC rms unless otherwise stated.