In the production at KONVEYOR, Ø 8x0.70 mm steel tube, Ø 1.5 mm steel wires are used and the production steps are as follows:
- Cutting the lengths (for the wire and the tube), serpentine forming, resistance welding (for the wires to the serpentines) and secondary bending operations are performed by automatic machines.
- The individual shelves and the heat exchanger are brought and hard brazed tpgether to form 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 shelves units.
- The manufactured units are tested against leak by Helium Sniffers (1st step test).
- The tested units are zinc plated to 10-12 microns in the full automatic zinc plating lines.
- After the zinc plating, the 2nd step leak test is applied by Helium Chamber testing systems. The TWICE testing principle is unique at Konveyor, in order to reach "absolute zero" level leak defect at customers.
- As the last operation, the Zinc plated units are coated by a protective clear lacquer coating (10-12 microns).
- The finished products are packed on euro pallets and shipped to customers.
- The design, i.e. number of shelves per unit, shelf dimensions, form of serpentine and wire spacing could be adjusted as per customers' requirement.