The AWA cast iron valves can be used as shut-off valves on the inlet and delivery sides of refrigerant compressors as well as for condensers, fluid collectors, evaporators etc. They can only be operated when fully opened or fully closed. The cast iron shut-off valves are designed and dimensioned in accordance with DIN EN 12284:2001-01 and correspond to ROHS 2002/95 EC (Directive for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances) as well as to the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC.
- the casing is made of cast iron and is manganese-phosphated, zinc-plated or primed, which will ensure sufficient corrosion protection until it is installed and subsequently painted in a color that matches the entire system
- use of high-temperature resistant gland packings made of graphite, the gland seal can be retensioned at any time
- fitted with a back sealing, so that the additional service connection (1/4“ NPTF) will be shut off while the valve is fully open
- additional external sealing of the valve spindle by pressure-tight protective plastic caps
- UL approval as per file No. E233523 (USA, Canada)
The cast iron shut-off valves will be supplied with soldering and welding bush, counter flange, gasket and bolts. A2 bolts are recommended for temperatures below -10° C. The basic version of the cast iron shut-off valves does not include soldering and welding bushes, counter flanges, gaskets and bolts.
The cast iron shut-off valves have the following connecting dimensions:
- soldering connection: 35.0 mm – 108.0 mm
- welding connection: 42.5 mm – 114.8 mm