The Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association (JRAIA) was originally established in February 1949 as the Japan Refrigerating Machine Manufacturers Association which was thereafter reorganized in February 1969 to become an incorporated association and renamed as it is at present.
RAIA aims to promote and improve production, distribution and consumption of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and their applied products, as well as auxiliary devices and components, automatic controls and accessories and thereby contribute to the steady development of Japanese industry and the improvement in people's standard of living.
- Promotion of measures to increase output, distribution, trade and consumption
- Laying down standards and criteria, and promotion of measures to improve technologies
- Promotion of international exchanges, holding and participating in international conferences
- Participating in and holding expositions and symposiums
- Gathering and providing information on domestic and foreign affairs
- Research and public relations
- Research study of environmental issues and cooperative work for government measures
- Testing and certification of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and testing facilities
- Other activities to achieve the goal of JRAIA