The roots of Dorstener Drahtwerke H.W. Brune & Co. GmbH reach back to 1918 when Heinrich Wilhelm Brune joined the former "Spezialdrahtzieherei Gebr. Renzing & Co.", a wire drawing company in the "Sauerland" region of Germany.
Two years later the company was relocated in Dorsten. In March 1921 the production of low carbon steel wire was restarted in a much larger building of a former paper mill.
After the Renzing family left the company in 1926 the name changed to "Dorstener Drahtwerke H.W. Brune & Co. GmbH". Since then our products became known domestically and worldwide under the brand name DDD.
During the following years the company extended its manufacturing activities. Besides low carbon steel wire, available in a variety of coatings, the production of welded and woven mesh was established as a second line of business.
The company's stable growth, marked by continuity and new ideas, built the base for important investments and successful internationalization.
In order to grant proximity to the customer and to have access to local markets a strong network of production facilities and sales offices was developed. By now the 'DDD Group of Companies' consists of 14 subsidiaries in Europe, North- and South America and Asia.
The foundation of the Eksi Dorstener Draht GmbH in 2010 represents a milestone for the company's development in the field of industrial wire applications. EDD focuses on the production of steel wires with special requirements concerning surface and forming properties - particularly cold heading and free cutting steel wires - and brings the group access to new markets and raw material sources.
Moreover, to meet increased demand for our quality wires in the North American market, Dorstener Wire Drawing Inc. was founded in 2013. Since January 2014 DWD supplies mainly the NAFTA region with specialty wires.