Arkema’s Fluorochemicals Business Unit produces and commercializes a range of fluorinated gases under the Forane® brand in the following markets worldwide:
- Refrigerants for refrigeration and air conditioning, including commercial and industrial refrigeration, construction, automotive and other applications
- Blowing agents for polymer foams, specifically polyurethanes and polystyrene;
- Feedstock for the production of fluoropolymers;
- Degreasing, cleaning and drying solvents;
- Aerosol sprays (mainly for pharmaceutical applications)
Through its 2 R&D centres, Arkema’s Fluorochemicals Business Unit is actively participating in the development of the next-generation of low GWP refrigerants.