In addition to main refrigernat gases, Rivoira provides a series of other products, such as:
ETHYLEN GLYCOL AND PROPYLENE GLICOL
Heat transfer fluids are used in large refrigeration plants, when the goal is to reduce the refrigerant fluid used in the plant, or when using potentially hazardous gases (ammonia, hydrocarbons, etc.) and, for safety reasons, the circuit containing the refrigerant gas must be kept apart from public areas. Corrosion inhibitors are added to the glycol to prevent the corrosion of any metals that the glycol solution touches.
Common glycol formulas are:
- Ethylene glycol: is the most economical fluid, used primarily in heat-exchange applications.
- Propylene glycol: less toxic than ethylene glycol, it is recommended for alimentary uses.
Product is available in two types and sizes of packaging: 220 / 230 kg non-returnable kegs. and 1000 kg non-returnable cubes.
For cooling applications, Rivoira Refrigerants has three different types of glycol:
- Inhibited ethylene glycol
- Inhibited propylene glycol
- Dowcal N: inhibited propylene glycol using inhibitors certifi ed for alimentary use.
In recent years, the use of hydrocarbons as refrigerant gases has seen some growth based on the Kyoto Protocol recommendations concerning the use of fluids with low or nil greenhouse effect.
Hydrocarbons are highly flammable gases which, for safety reasons, are mostly used in systems requiring small gas charges. Cooling systems with high gas charges may be constructed, provided that a confined refrigeration station is used mated to a thermal transfer fluid.
The hydrocarbons used most widely in refrigeration applications are:
- R-600a (Isobutane for refrigeration) Is used primarily in household refrigerators.
- R-290 (Propane for refrigeration) Is used in small store refrigerators, normally working at positive temperatures, and in a few industrial systems requiring negative temperatures.
SolvoStar” is an azeotropic mixture of pentafluoropropane and dichloroethylene, pressurised with nitrogen.
It is the ideal fluid used to clean refrigeration and air-conditioning system.
Cleaning the cooling circuit is essential to ensure flawless operation of refrigeration systems and A/C circuits. In particular, it is important to use a cleaning agent when a compressor motor burns out, or the retrofi tting of the system calls for the complete elimination of the old lubricant or oil, or when, during scheduled maintenance, we want to remove metal, sludge, or acid oil particles from the circuit.
SolvoStar does not harm the ozone layer and therefore is suitable to replace R-141b and has many important benefits.